Forum

How did you become interested in MLP?

Started by Dandelion Ass · 5 Replies

Dandelion Ass

3 months ago

Posted: 3 months ago
So tell us a little bit more about how you got into the world of MLP. I think we all have some kind of different stories about how it all started. Was it a friend? The hype around the Brony fandom? What makes colorful ponies so special for you? Give us a short storry about it. #FIM #pony #MLP

Dandelion Ass Joined: 3 months ago

My short story goes something like this. I have followed MLP since G1. It was a friends little sister that played with them, so at that time it was simply a toy line and nothing more for me. Later on I watched G1.5 "My Little Pony Tales" and that was very different to the first generation. G3 is something I have a special relation to, I even have my OC left from that era. It was most figurines and collecting stuff, the cartoons was mostly for younger kids. Then I was free from ponies for a while, until G4 hit the market. First thing I remember was how damn bad and ugly I thought the toyline looked, when I saw them in a store for the first time. I didn't think about it more for a while. Then BAM! I got introduced to the show by a friend, and god lord! They looked just awsome on the screen, not at all like the mousy looking toyline. I was hooked on how they looked on the screen. Then I watched the first two episodes and that's it! I understanded from the very begining that this is something I can't just live without. Luna, Celestia the two startup introduction episodes made me so into their world. Now I was completely sold about ponys, again, and this time they called it Friendship Is Magic. Then I think you understand the rest. The word "Brony" was not invented at that stage, but then later all of the web was flooded with people talking about ponies. It was just fantastic, art and even music started to emerge from every corner of the world. I really miss those early days, and that special feeling of belonging to something unusual, weird, and yet so extremely fun. I hope we can keep this feeling and still be loving eachother and the idea of friendship even now when the fandom declines and the show is ended.

C_II_R Joined: 3 months ago

That's neat that you have a legacy OC. That that the one you're using now?

For me, entering the herd was not at all like other times I've become a fan of something (although Star Trek is another exception because I was exposed to it before I was born), it's been the only fandom I all-gas-no-brakes dove face first into before even watching an episode.
In 2012 summer I was on the computer in the basement and one day I started seeing memes and macros with ponies in them. Minutes later I saw a Winter Wrapup PMV, and I was about to say to myself, "I am all about this thing," when my sister came downstairs and said, "Hey have you heard about how 4chan really loves the new my little pony show?" (At the time I thought 4chan was just the place where all the best funny stuff came from ^^;)
I am not a community builder, and I am not often successful at being charitable (even with money, the easiest of charity), compassionate, optimistic, or of great integrity, but I have indeed been "all about this thing" since that time; and it's ideals still are powerful tools for me to keep trying those things and to value my friends.

Dandelion Ass Joined: 3 months ago

That's neat that you have a legacy OC. That that the one you're using now?

No I only have him as a figurine, it's a white G3 base pony with a black mohican hair and black tail. He wears a black and white tie. He's name is Windsor. The donkey was something I came up with just to mark the end of the ponies. But I can't let them go, I just can't. FIM is for life, at least I hope we can stay for a while more.

Mischief Joined: 3 months ago

My English skills suck, but I'll try my best. I am relatively new in the fandom, I remember saw the series at 2010/11, it really caught my attention, I have ever a weakness for cute characters and this series had cute characters and really good history behind. Although I didn't watch the series, all of the seasons and the movie until last year, cuz ... I'm too lazy hehe... Also, you know guys, belongs a fandom like this is not easy, not everyone looks us with good eyes, I admire very much to the people who show their love for the series in 'public', mostly in the High School times, despite suffered bullying. I became slowly into the fandom in 2015. sometimes I regret not having been in their golden age. All along the way, I met very good people as not so good people, like the life I guess.

Spectrum Heat Joined: 2 months ago

Posted: 2 months ago
I became interested in the Fandom about 5-6 years ago
it started from my sister watching MLP and I would sometimes sit down with her, Over time I grew to the Internet and became a part of the fandom fully, I stopped watching the show as my main interests are the creative people and awesome friends I met along the way.